Festival at a Glance 2013
THURSDAY 11TH APRIL
- 9.30am Alan J W Bell - Last of the Summer Wine: From the Director's Chair
- 10.00am Rick Vanes - Fiction Writing Workshop (sessions from 10am)
- 12noon Literary Lunch at the Crescent Hotel with David Hewson
- 12.30pm The Vincent Billington Memorial Concert: So Deep in the Night
- 3.00pm Emotional Landscapes with Lesley Pearse and Dorothy Koomson
- 5.30pm David Lodge
- 8.00pm Fact and Fiction Crime Pathology Event with Mark Billingham and Stuart Hamilton
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL
- 10.00am Peggy Riley 'Where Do Ideas Come From?' Workshop
- 10.00am Gina Campbell - Daughter of Bluebird
- 10.00am Rick Vanes - Scriptwriting Workshop (sessions from 10am)
- 12.30pm Helen Womack - The Ice Walk
- 2.00pm Imogen Taylor & Morgan McCarthy 'How To Get Published?' Workshop
- 3.00pm Steve Mosby
- 3.00pm William Sitwell on Seven Sitwells
- 5.30pm Steve Benbow - The Urban Bee Keeper
- 8.00pm William Sitwell - Ten Dishes that Changed the World
SATURDAY 13TH APRIL
- 10.00am The Secret Listeners: How the 'Y' Service Intercepted German Codes for Bletchley Park by Sinclair McKay
- 12noon Literary Lunch at the Crescent Hotel with Hazel Cushion
- 12.30pm The Wimpy Kid Show
- 3.00pm Joanne Harris
- 5.00pm British Crime Film Panel - Barry Forshaw, Mike Hodges and Peter Guttridge
- 7.00pm Ian Buxton - Whisky Event
- 8.00pm Delightful Terror: A Guide to Gothic Fiction by Dr Kevin Corstorphine
SUNDAY 14TH APRIL
- 10.00am Penny Junor - Prince William: Born to be King
- 10.30am Seven Deadly Sins Book Group with Anne Zouroudi
- 12.30pm John Gordon Sinclair
- 3.00pm Lucy Worsley If Walls Could Talk:An Intimate History of the Home
- 5.00pm Festival Finale - Medieval Murderers with Susanna Gregory, Karen Maitland and Michael Jecks
THURSDAY 12TH APRIL, 10.00AMWhere do ideas come from? And what to do with them when you've got them?.....
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL, 10.00AMGina is the sole survivor of the Campbell dynasty, founded by her grandfather Sir Malcolm Campbell, who set 13 records on land and.....
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL, 12.30PMThe Ice Walk offers a tour of Russia that takes us behind the official Kremlin line into an intimate sphere of life.....
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL, 2.00PMWould you love to see your name in print? Tinder Press author Morgan McCarthy and publisher Imogen Taylor will offer advice.....
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL, 3.00PMSteve Mosby is an author of six dark psychological thrillers. His books include the Barry-nominated The 50/50 Killer.....
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL, 3.00PMWilliam Sitwell, great-nephew of Dame Edith Sitwell, gives a talk on his illustrious forebears.....
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL, 5.30PMFifteen years ago Steve decided that he wanted to keep bees in central London.....
FRIDAY 12TH APRIL, 8.00PMhis talk by William Sitwell, well-known food writer and TV presenter, will highlight some of the fascinating.....